Disable Security System?

We have found the security alarm on our 2002 Accord to be very annoying. Can it be disabled?

Thanks

Reply to
Bubba

"Bubba" wrote in news:uISLi.3900$T6.3681 @bignews2.bellsouth.net:

Sure can. Unplug the hood switch sensor.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks for the tip. Can you point me toward the hood switch sensor? I can't seem to find instructions on how to locate it.

Thanks

Reply to
Bubba

"Bubba" wrote in news:9ssMi.4820$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

Look at the hood latch in front of the rad. You'll see where the release cable is. You'll also see the electrical connector for the alarm's hood switch (two wires). Unplug that connector.

Reply to
Tegger

Will this disable the pesky honking that can occur when the car locks itself and then somebody inside tries to crank it? There are other scenarios that make it mad. But I'd like to turn the whole honking alarm thing off. Will unplugging the hood switch sensor accomplish this?

Thanks

Reply to
Bubba

"Bubba" wrote in news:AfWMi.1590$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net:

Why don't you just do it and see? It won't take you more than a minute.

Reply to
Tegger

You will need to jump the two wires together after disconnecting the connector, too.

By doing this the alarm switch input is (closed) so the alarm thinks the hood is open. Simply disconnecting the switch will (open) the circuit; which is the desired input for the alarm to arm. Which if I read your request right, you do not want the alarm to arm.

-- Tp,

-------- __o

----- -\

Reply to
TomP

TomP wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com:

That is correct. Sorry, I forgot the jumper part.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger, Even monkeys fall out of trees. Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Tom

Tegger wrote:

-- Tp,

----- -\