Disabling SRS bulb in 97 Accord Wagon

A bit of background: I've had problems in the past with the SRS light coming on, but with a code which doesn't correspond to a particular fault. At first I could reset it
(paperclip method) and it wouldn't come on again for a few weeks/months. Last year it started coming on more regularly so I fitted a switch to let me reset it more quickly without fiddling under the dash. Even more recently the light comes on almost every time I start the car, and won't always reset on the first attempt - usually it resets by the third attempt but sometimes it takes more attempts.
Anyway, it's got to the stage where I don't think it's worth trying to sort - I'm probably going to get a new car next summer anyway. As a result I want to disable the SRS bulb so I don't have a bright red light glaring at me the whole time. As I understand it the SRS is disabled when the light is on, and the system will not fire under these circumstances, so I basically have a car with no airbag system.
So, how to disable the bulb? Presumably I need to take at least part of the dash off - does anyone know how tricky that is and how long it will take? Once I find it, can I just remove the bulb or will I need to short the bulb connector? Anything else I should think of?
Thanks in advance, Al
Al Reynolds wrote:

Cover it with a piece of tape?

Skip the bulb. Just pull the SRS fuses.