Disc screws

I have just broken my last screwdriver bit trying to undo a brake disc retaining screw. What is the size of the bit I should get to remove these stubon screws?

I have just broken my last screwdriver bit trying to undo a brake disc retaining screw. What is the size of the bit I should get to remove these stubon screws?
PS The car is a 1998 1.8 civic Aerodeck, but all the Honda discs I have changed have been the same sort of screw. (Usually chisel size)

Those screws take the biggest size of Phillips that's sold in your local hardware store.
If I were you, I'd get a "hand impact driver", the kind you smack with a hammer. These cost about $10 and already come with the necessary bits.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

and those bits should be tougher than the ordinary screwdriver bits/tips.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks all Off to order one

You need to know how to use it, by the way. They don't always come with instructions.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Shades of working on Honda (and other motorcycles) --lessons learned in the 60s. Never had to use one on a British bike, but learned my lesson on a Honda 305CL

#3 phillips. as tegger says, impact driver is the way to go.