Disc screws

I have just broken my last screwdriver bit trying to undo a brake disc retaining screw. What is the size of the bit I should get to remove these stubon screws?

Reply to
Hamish

I have just broken my last screwdriver bit trying to undo a brake disc retaining screw. What is the size of the bit I should get to remove these stubon screws?

PS The car is a 1998 1.8 civic Aerodeck, but all the Honda discs I have changed have been the same sort of screw. (Usually chisel size)

Reply to
Hamish

"Hamish" wrote in news:0LidnWVCt- snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Those screws take the biggest size of Phillips that's sold in your local hardware store.

If I were you, I'd get a "hand impact driver", the kind you smack with a hammer. These cost about $10 and already come with the necessary bits.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9AC44F8AC6A0tegger@208.90.168.18:

and those bits should be tougher than the ordinary screwdriver bits/tips.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

#3 phillips. as tegger says, impact driver is the way to go.

Reply to
jim beam

Thanks all Off to order one

Reply to
Hamish

"Hamish" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

You need to know how to use it, by the way. They don't always come with instructions.

Reply to
Tegger

Shades of working on Honda (and other motorcycles) --lessons learned in the

60s. Never had to use one on a British bike, but learned my lesson on a Honda 305CL
Reply to
tww1491