Discount pricing on '07 CRV?

I've been pricing a new CRV EXL AWD, and can't get my local dealers to offer more than a $600 or $700 discount. Sticker is $26,595.

Has anybody had better luck finding higher discounts? MrB

Reply to
Mister Bear

No, not in my experience. The CRV is just too popular to get much of a discount. If you are in the Boston area, you might try Honda Barn north of the city, they seemed willing to bargain a bit.

Chuck

Reply to
connell

You might try something like the Costco auto discount program. A couple years back it was a few hundred over invoice for a Civic. I don't know if it works with popular models.

Reply to
JeB

A local Honda dealer told me the Sam's Club program only promised $200 off ... but he could offer a whopping $595 discount on a $28,000 CRV.

That was about a week ago. I have since bought a Toyota, where the discounted price was more acceptable. I got a bit irritated when the Honda dealer kept bragging that he didn't need to offer any bigger discount because of high demand. My business simply went elsewhere. Honda seems to play this "tight supply" pricing game more than most other dealers. Mr B

Reply to
Mister Bear