does anyone know warranty for 2000 odyssey catalytic converter

While on vacation, the yellow engine light came on. I pulled into a honda dealer in Kentucky and they said the catalytic converter needs to be replaced.
How would I verify that this is the cause, and does anyone know how long the warranty for this part is?
thanks,
John
I don't know about the 2000 but think it is 80k. Before going to the expense of the converter have the rest of the system checked out. O2 sensor can cause false indication of bad twc. Check the threads at www.odyclub.com for lots of information and do a google search for the OBDII code. Of coarse if it is under warranty let them replace it and see if it comes back. Many have found the converter didn't fix it. It also looks like Honda may have the specs set too tight in the computer for those years.... Info on ODYCLUB.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

I have heard that Autozone wll read the OBD codes for you (OBD= on board diagnostics).They will tell you if you need a new cat.
The warranty should be at least >7 years or >60,000 miles.
There were some areas that recently got bad(contaminated) gas that could kill the catalytic converter.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik