Does the CRV (1999) have a tensioner/idler pulley on the timing belt?

And if so, should it be replaced with the first belt change? Excuse if this has been asked before.

Siskuwihane wrote:

----------------------------
It does. Some dealerships never change them. I'd think of changing it on the fourth or fifth belt. If you have AWD, change the Dual Pump Fluid every 30,000 miles too. Valve adjustment every 30,000 miles too or pay the man.
'Curly'

Thank you. I got a quote by email and it wasn't on there so I wanted to check here with the experts.
I've been having the valves done and I do the rear diff and trans fluid changes myself thanks to what I have read and learned here and rec.autos.makers.honda (which was so full of spam I just gave up!).

It is? I don't see any of it. Maybe your provider is sloppy and careless.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

That pretty much sums up Google (which I am posting through).

Then why don't you post directly to Usenet instead of letting Google filter your stuff and bombard you with ads?
You appear to be with Verizon. See here: <http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/link/help/item&objId 730> See "News Server Settings".
And PLEASE don't use Outhouse Express for News. Use these instead: www.forteinc.com (free afer 30 days, with some loss in advanced functionality) or http://xnews.newsguy.com/ (This is what I use). or http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/xananews.htm
Others will have their own favorites.