does the navigation learn?

Anyone else notice a change in the Nav system's routing logic over time? (05 Accord)
I used to avoid some roads chosen by the Nav because there were too
many traffic lights. After 2 months, I'm noticing that the Nav is now choosing my bypass path.
I'm thinking either: 1) The nav is remembering my preferred path 2) The nav is learning that the default path is slower when I drive it and always hit stop lights
This just seems far more sophisticated than I expected from the system.
-MVL
mvl_groups snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hmmm, I haven't seen any indication of learning on my Accord Navi. In fact, one strange thing I have noted is that when I plot of path from point A to point B and follow it, then ask for Navi to plot a path from B back to A, it often chooses a different route for no discernable reason.
Also, I find that the search for a business name function is almost useless as you have to know exactly how a particular name is in the national phone book and often national businesses have slightly different variations by region. Try finding the nearest Barnes & Noble sometime, it can be a real pain.
In general I love the Navigation system, but I wish that Google or somebody would rewrite the search functions!
John