does window tinting an 06 Accord make the interior more noisy ??

Hi,

I read somewhere online that someone's Accord became more noisy inside after they tinted the car. He said this was caused because felt needs to be used before window tint can be applied (otherwise scratches occur).

> Is this true? >> Has anyone experienced increased noise inside the car after they tinted >> their Accord?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
home_user

Cars with tint usually create a lot more noise than cars without, but I don't think there is a direct causal relationship.

-- R Flowers

Reply to
R Flowers

-----------------------------

:-) Thanks, you've made my entire week. :-)

Now I can't wait until "Psychic Wednesday" if this is an indicator of what's to come . . . .

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

i was hoping someone would let him know that it's only the /green/ tint that makes the car noisy, not the blues or grays...

Reply to
jim beam

If you read the first paragraph you may have understood the question. Someone - at another newsgroup - did read it and gave this reply:

The only thing that would make that car noisy after film install would be improperly replacing the the panels or accidentally dropping a tinting tool like a squeegee or something down into the panel and being too lazy to fish it out .

Note: this is only an issue on Honda's where felt needs to be installed at the time of tinting.

Reply to
home_user

perhaps you should consider the rephrasing the question next time? the question you actually asked [regardless of what you intended] is not a function of tinting - it's a function of workmanship. strictly speaking, with the question "does window tinting an 06 Accord make the interior more noisy" you imply this a problem specific to 06 accords [it's not] and that it's a function of the tint [it's not].

Reply to
jim beam

Direct casual? Is this like NSA (no strings attached) sex? Direct, yet casual? I'll have to give this some thought.

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

how about giving some thought to the spelling difference between "causal" and "casual"?

Reply to
jim beam