door panels - 86 accord 2dr

Geeeesh.... I work for a Honda dealer and I can't find the particle board that sandwiches between the door skin and the interior panel... need those
grommets as well. Does anyone know a resource for these parts? My interior panels have started separating from the door after 22yrs and 240K. . the rattle and creaking is driving me nutso. Any suggestions for an alternative fix? thanks, Steve in SF
stevec wrote:

Try a wrecker?
I you still have the old panels, you can buy masonite and cut out your own.
JT
Matt Ion wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

I did that on my old 1980 GLC... made new ones out of 1/4" MDF. REALLY improved the bass response out of the 6.5" door speakers :)

excellent... masonite...didn't know that... thanks very much! steve
Grumpy AuContraire wrote:

It's a common practice when restoring old cars. Even better is to coat it with a "soaking" coat of thinned down resin to weatherproof it. Far better than the cardboard stuff normally used.
JT