Drive indicator light blinking

Hello All,
I have a strange condition on my drive light and don't know how to interpret it. Yesterday evening on the way home from a trip, the letter
D on my transmission indicator panel (P,R,N,D,D2,D1) started blinking.
The condition continues to persist.
No other symptoms of problems.
Does anyone know what this means?
Thanks in advance for your advice / comments.
Dave
Dave M wrote:

Hello again,
I forgot to add that I have a 2002 Odyssey with ~50K miles.
Dave
Not to be uppity or anything, but did you check your owner's manual? (Lots of folks aren't aware that the manual often covers stuff like this.)
Sounds like it's signaling something is not quite right.
Updates are welcome. :-)

On my '01 Accord it indicates a fault in the transmission. No other lights to go with it?
Dave M wrote:

Based on past experience, tranny is dying.
It means there is a problem in the transmission. Lots of failures in Odyssey transmissions. Check out www.odyclub.com for lots of information on failures and getting Honda to pay for replacement.....

Woody wrote:

<snip>
Thanks,
That's not good news. I will checkout the link and get it to a Honda dealer.
Dave