Drivers door is stuck-1990 Accord 2dr LX with power locks

I have seen this topic discussed in the past. I am a new member and trying to get some old info on this seemingly, inherent problem with this model.
I went into my local coffee shop and came out trying to get into my car, the normal way, through the drivers side door. It seems that the door is locked, although it is not. I disassembled the door panel, as best as I could with the door closed, but still cannot un-jamb the door, to open it. Can someone shed some light on what I can do to open the door? Hopefully someone who experienced this will reply and tell me exactly what they did. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Thanks for any information anyone can give with this issue!!!

Sorry, the news may not be good. When this happened on my wife's 91 Accord, the garage had to remove the panel (as you say, the best they could), and *drill out* the bolts holding the latch. Then it was a simple matter of replacing the latch.
This is, apparently, an unfortunate common problem. Check this out (may be of help): http://autorepair.about.com/library/faqs/bl203i.htm
and this (caution - link may break):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.autos.makers.honda/browse_frm/thread/db9015252555005a/6d781b83bdb90fa%236d781b83bdb90fa
Good luck, -- R Flowers
Thank you very much!!! I don't like the sound of a 6 hour job. I don't have that kind of time but sure beats paying$500!