drivers side window wont go up on 97 ex coupe

Hi,
My daughter's driver side window on her 97 civic ex coupe wont go more than halfway up. The window is power. What should I look at first ? Is it just best to pull the door
apart ? And is there a common part that I will have to replace (so I can get it before Sat) ?
Thanks, Lynn
Lynn McGuire wrote:

multiple times, gears/teeth broken off and subsequently replaced, and the power window motors replaced. Now they are slow as can be, and I need to get the AC fixed so I don't have to roll them up and down as much.
Sadly, without pulling the panel and looking at it, you will not know what is wrong. Even sadder, the Honda dealership will RAPE you if they repair it themselves!

You might try to lubricate the window tracks with silicone spray. The track get dry, and causes too much friction on the motor. If not, then you are going the remove the panel..just my 2 cents!

I have had to do this before and it worked. I will try it again first.
Thanks, Lynn

If you end up removing the panel, take a good look at the braided cable that moves the window up/down. I would not be surprised if it started fraying and jamming at the point where the window stops. Good luck, M.Paul

The problem is the leading seal trim on the outside. The window is coming up outside that trim instead of inside that trim. The trim piece then prevents the window from going more than halfway up. I tried holding the trim back with a screwdriver but that did not work. I guess that I have to take it apart this weekend.
Thanks, Lynn

The problem was that the driver side window came out of the leading edge track. Again. I forgot that this has happened before. I had to pull off the door panel and release the window track at the bottom. Then I put the window into the leading edge track and wala, all is now well.
Lynn

LM> The problem was that the driver side window came out of the LM> leading edge track. Again. I forgot that this has happened LM> before. I had to pull off the door panel and release the window LM> track at the bottom. Then I put the window into the leading edge LM> track and wala, all is now well. LM> Lynn
Thanks for posting the fix!