DRL light

I have a 99 Canadian model Odyssy. The DRL (daytime running lights) warning light comes on intermittantly, with an annoying buzzing sound. Per the manual, the DRL light goes away if I turn on the headlights. Is this something I can fix myself? or will I need to take it to a dealer? Any idea how much it might cost? Thanks!

Reply to
Rajesh Kapur

"Rajesh Kapur" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

DRL relay. About $50. Relay is under dash.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Exactly like the honda main relay (search it) the DRL relay can melt the solder joints and then you have to slip it out of it's shell and resolder it. DRL relay was over $100 last time I priced it out. The DRL module on Gen 1 Ody were poor, but the 'low cut' relay was the real culprit, causing the buzzing.

Searching

might not help since Canadian variants aren't probably show. If resoldering the relay doesn't fix it, next time, locate the buzzing, then replace the relay that's doing it. My '95 low cut relay was partially welded and buzzed. Edmonton. Cost me about $30.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'