Dumb Question...

Hello,

I just got a 06 Pilot Ex and want to get a trailer hitch installed. The dealership quoted me at about $600 for the all the neccesary equipment and installation. I found the hitch online for much cheaper (obviously) but the installation is a little more trouble than what I want to deal with. What are the chances the dealership will let me buy the parts from the internet myself and have them install it for me? Your choices of dealer responses are:

A) They will laugh me off. B) Slim to none. C) "Sure but don't call us if it breaks" D) Dealerships aren't out to make money just satisfiy the customer. E) Just depends on the dealership

Reply to
AngusBull

-------------------------------------

Doesn't the trailer hitch kit include a tranny cooler as well? I'd put one in and shorten the maintenance interval on the ATF if you start towing anything heavy / far.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

It's not included and I doubt I will be towing that much that far.

Reply to
AngusBull

Many of Honda's AT models already use an ATF cooler. It's built into the radiator. If the transmission has fluid lines that go to the bottom of the radiator, then your model has the built-in cooler.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
hondaman

Look for someone in the trailer business, and see what they recomend. bob

Reply to
N.E.Ohio Bob

Thanks for the info guys. I am calling the dealership today and will see what I can swing. Especially thanks for the not about the lack of a transmission cooler and warranty claim problems.

Reply to
AngusBull