Dumb Question...

Hello,
I just got a 06 Pilot Ex and want to get a trailer hitch installed. The dealership quoted me at about $600 for the all the neccesary equipment and installation. I found the hitch online for
much cheaper (obviously) but the installation is a little more trouble than what I want to deal with. What are the chances the dealership will let me buy the parts from the internet myself and have them install it for me? Your choices of dealer responses are:
A) They will laugh me off. B) Slim to none. C) "Sure but don't call us if it breaks" D) Dealerships aren't out to make money just satisfiy the customer. E) Just depends on the dealership
AngusBull wrote:

-------------------------------------
Doesn't the trailer hitch kit include a tranny cooler as well? I'd put one in and shorten the maintenance interval on the ATF if you start towing anything heavy / far.
'Curly'
It's not included and I doubt I will be towing that much that far.
: It's not included and I doubt I will be towing that much that far. : I have seen it written (maybe in this group) that Honda will refuse to honor a warranty claim for a transmission problem on a vehicle that has a hitch installed but no transmission cooler. Don't know whether that's true, but... new transmissions are expensive, I'm told.
Paul
"'Curly Q. Links'" wrote:

Many of Honda's AT models already use an ATF cooler. It's built into the radiator. If the transmission has fluid lines that go to the bottom of the radiator, then your model has the built-in cooler.
Eric
just ask the dealer if they'll install the hitch for you and if not go to a well run automotive welding shop and save yourself some $$$$. who wants to be ripped off by dealers?
-jeff

hondaman wrote:

    Look for someone in the trailer business, and see what they recomend. bob
Thanks for the info guys. I am calling the dealership today and will see what I can swing. Especially thanks for the not about the lack of a transmission cooler and warranty claim problems.