DWI deaths

Youve got a better chance of becoming worm food by visiting an air show, why the f*ck are we paying these douchey tryooper nut cases to smell us whether we had 2 beers or 3?

Reply to
B. Dwiller

Stats please. My statistics say that I am far more likely to die from a drunk driver than at an airshow. Particularly true as I am unlikely to ever be found at an airshow.

Reply to
dgk

Thus spake dgk :

If you listen to the aviation industry, about 1 million people attended airshows and races (Reno is a race, not a show). Okay, we'll go with those numbers for this year. It looks like the stats say you're odds are about 12 in a million. IF you attend an airshow. Taken across the entire US population the numbers aren't even worth talking about.

There have been four DUI related deaths in Travis county (Austin, TX) this year. That's about 3 in a million. Much better. IF you live in Travis county.

I'm guessing the douchey nut case got popped.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

That sounds about right, four times more likely to be cut into charred and blackened chum by a bit jet falling on you than in a fatal alcohol related crash.

Oh those douchey nut case troopers get popped once in a while, for sure. They'll keep doing what they're doing as long as their able.

After all, there's no revenue stream with shutting down airshows. Sniffing breath is more fun and satisfies the need to control more, as its a bit more hands-on. Plus sometimes you really get hands on and get an offer for a hummer in exchange for freedom.

Reply to
B. Dwiller