element

looking to buy a used honda element. anyone have an opinion on a great/bad year? any comments good/bad about it? suggestions, known issues, etc. would all be helpful. thanks, c

Reply to
aptpupil

I think they all suck. I mean really, can you honestly argue the fact that the Element is the ugliest vehicle on the road, of any kind?

Why would you want to buy something like that? If you want an SUV, then buy an SUV. If you want a minivan, then buy a minivan. What possible reason would someone have to want to buy one of these? Seriously?

Reply to
Dan C

the element is smaller than most suvs and minivans, yet its seats fold down or up to allow space for moving things or even sleeping. it also gets decent gas mileage. on the surface it seems an ideal combination of things that i'm looking for in a road trip vehicle so this is why i'm looking at it instead of a minivan or suv. looks are subjective. it looks as good as the scions or pt cruisers if you ask me.

-c

Reply to
aptpupil

The element has grown on me. I hated them when they were new, they were too different. But now I like them quite a bit. Especially the originals, with the hose-down interior... ;-)

Reply to
Joe

My wife has an 05 and it has been nearly trouble free. I think the blower fan was making some noise and the Honda Dealer promply fixed it. It is a great vehicle for her since it is AWD and a safe vehicle in the Wisconsin Winters. My wife is a little rough on vehicle exteriors and interiors and that makes it a perfect vehicle for her. The interior is easy to clean and rugged, the exterior grey plastic stuff takes the scuffs that used to be paint scrapes on her previous CRV. I know the new Element higher end models are painted (where the plastic trim is) and might not be as rugged, but if they still make lower end models with the plastic trim, it really holds up great. The ride is a little choppy for me (I drive a Camry) and it is very utilitarian looking as you know, but overall a great vehicle that has served us well and still looks new 3 years later.

Reb

Reply to
Roadrunner NG