Element, Driving in Snow & Tire Recommendations

I am wondering what the experience has been for Element owners when driving in snow and if they have a recommendation on the right tire for snow driving? I picked my Element up this past Tuesday evening and took it on a
410 mile round trip from San Mateo to Truckee, California. Elevation changed from 15' above sea level to 7400' at Donner Summit where there were strong winds and snow falling, back down to 6400' at my end destination in Truckee. Saw one car at the summit which spun out into a ditch. I really wanted to know how my Element would handle going up the grade to the sierras and in snow. This car is great at traveling up mountain grades. It was a smooth ride and I was able to hold 65 to 70 along the way up the grade. On some of the steeper grades my speed fell back a bit but the Element changed gears smoothly and got my speed back in range. There was plenty of power to pass even when going 65 mph on a grade. I am so happy! I had concerns about giving up my F150 SuperCrew 4x4 but that was put to rest through this trip! I am going back up to Truckee next weekend and I am hoping there will be some decent snow on the ground so I can check out how my Element handles in going up my steep drive in Truckee!
I too recently got an Element (4wd), and while I haven't done anything quite as good as you with it yet, I nevertheless decided to replace the stock Goodyears with Yokohamas after reading various reviews at Tirerack.com. According to the reviewers (not employees of Tirerack,the Goodyears are supposed to be deadly in anything except dry pavement, whereas the Yokohamas got exemplary ratings in all weather conditions. Check them outl.

Congrats on your Element! I had Goodyears on my F150 SuprCrew and changed those out for Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo once I started making regular trips up to Truckee where snow loads/levels can be considerable. The Duelers also improved how the truck handled on rain soaked roads with only a minimal increase in road noise.
Thanks for your suggestion on the Yokohamas! While I was initially looking at going to the Dueler Revo I now realize the same manufacture product will perfrom differently based upon the vehicle so I have opned the door to other tires.

Yokahama's get a lots of decent reviews but there are some other good ones. Some great tire reviews from element owners at www.elementownersclub.com
Good luck.