ENGINE MAKING SCREECHING NOISE PART II

ok so i posted up before bout my manual 96 civic with 100k making a screeching noise. people suggested taht its the belt and stuff but that seems all fine. butttt i have realized that the screeching noise
happens when i first turn on my AC to full power after my car has been idle in real hot weather. any clue why its making that noise???? any help would be appreciated. thanks
The noise is coming from the belt that drives the AC. The question is why. If you are lucky the answer is that the belt is worn, glazed, or loose. If you are not lucky, the compressor or compressor clutch is going bad. A low charge of refrigerant would not cause this but a too high charge could - but that could only happen if someone had physically added refrigerant - did you let someone service it recently?
andyyy wrote:

You must realize that the belt can be bad without "looking" bad. Your symptoms are pretty classic for a "bad belt". Either worn, glazed (most likely) or loose. The fact that is makes the noise only briefly is also classic bad belt symptoms. If you replace the belt, the one you remove will most likely look perfectly good (to you) but the new one you replace it with will magically no longer make the screeching noise. You could prove this with a $4 can of Prestone belt dressing (spray) which would also solve the problem, but only temporarily, probably only a week or two before it starts screeching again. Besides, belt dressing is messy. $10~20 bux for a new belt and a wrench and only a little bit of effort will fix it.
writes:

Bubba, I agree with you. That was my first guess as well. If the new belt does not fix the problem--you may need a new AC compressor. That could be expensive so I hope the new belt solves the problem. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO