engine on 2006 civic sedan

does anyone know what engine honda is putting on the 2006 civic sedan?

Reply to
vincenzo musico

I beleive all they have said is that the Civic SI will have a 200HP engine. My best guess is that they are borrowing the engines from the RSX, so the sedan may have the 160HP engine....but only time will tell I suppose.

Reply to
Jamco

I subscribe to Honda Tuning magazine

They state on page 10 of the May 2005 issue the following"

"...the next generation Si will output 200 hp from a K20 powerplant mated to a six speed manual gearbox and rev to 8000 rpm..."

They are of course speculating based upon on the engine that was in the concept car which is pictured on the same page of the magazine. You can see a picture of the concept car at this site:

Jason