ERG Trouble

I own a 2001 Prelude. I started getting "bad egr valve" code from my car's computer. I bought a mew egr valve ($180) and light came back on same code. I have a friend that is a mechanic at my local Honda dealership. He told me to drill to remove 4 melal plugs from the intake manifold and clean the ports underneath those plugs. Honda sells replacemrnt plugs for like $.15 each. Worked like a charm. Removed large amount of carbon with air hose. While putting the replacement plugs in the holes I knocked one of the too far and it fell down into the manifold. Can this be a problem?????

Reply to
lude01

I don't know how the manifolds are designed on a 2001 'lude but it's conceivable that if the plug is in the intake manifold that it might work it's way into a cylinder. The results would be disastrous. Can you see the plug? If so, can you grab it with a spring type claw tool such as

? I realize that this might not be possible due tothe small access hole that you have available. If the plug is loose androlling around, then the safest approach would be to remove the manifold andget the plug out. This would probably be the procedure I would follow if itwere my car.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

yes definitely! that sucker will get sucked into the cylinder and ruin your day. gotta take the manifold off and shake it out i'm afraid.

but good job on getting the egr system sorted out - that'll make the car run like new.

Reply to
jim beam

John

Reply to