Error code....help

I have an error code IAT Sensor 1 Circuit High Input (P0113)

I found this on the tegger side P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

What does this mean? What are the symptoms?

My car when started occasionally shut off immediately, then when I try a start again, it starts. I was told that it was ignition wiring issue.....(a recall issue on these cars). Would the shutting off immediately when started (an itermittent issue) be a result of the error code above?

thanks

Reply to
Devils Advocate

It means just what it says. Check the IAT sensor. You can also check on an obdii tester to see what it is reading. Yes it can mess things up as it is used to tell the computer how to adjust the air/fuel ratio. If you told us what year/make maybe we could even tell you where to find it.

Reply to
Woody

Reply to
Devils Advocate

OBDII reader or OBDII tester. With the tester you should be able to look at the IAT temperature and see what the computer thinks it is. For the sensor you need to either replace it or test it with a millimeter. On the V6 the sensor is on the back of the intake manifold.

Reply to
Woody