Ethanol Shield?

Has anyone ever heard of these guys or their products?
http://www.b3cfuel.com /
I'm thinking small engine as opposed to cars, but whatever.

On 07/07/2012 02:43 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

sorry dude, not heard of them and can't evaluate.
as for storage of small engines, i think your best policy is to drain the tank, carb floats, etc. that way, there's no fuel to worry about "stabilizing". put a little preserving oil in the spark plug hole and turn over a few times as well.
--
fact check required

Their product sounds a lot like Sta-Bil's Ethanol Treatrment.
--
Tegger

On 7/7/2012 2:43 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

I don't know about that company. With regular, non-synthetic oil, the ethanol can get between the oil and the cylinder walls, rendering the lubrication ineffective. From what I've read, a fully synthetic 2-cycle pre-mix oil is not affected in the same way, and it will lubricate like it's supposed to even when ethanol is present.
Even better to use non-ethanol gas if you can get it. You can now buy non-ethanol gas/oil mixes, but at a price.
dan