Exceeded oil mark

Hello,

Today I exceeded the max oil mark on the oil stick, about 2cm, how can I solve this?

Is this a big problem ?

Best regards and thank you for any help. FR

Reply to
Fernando Andr=E

Forgot to mention the car is a Honda Jazz Elegance Top 1.2 Gasoline

Reply to
Fernando Andr=E

Fernando André wrote in news:ab3b1750-b08b-46e9-891a- snipped-for-privacy@c2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

It might be (for those in the Imperial culture, 2cm is about 3/4 inch). That's high enough for the oil to be at risk for being whipped up by the crankshaft and be susceptible to foaming, which is very bad.

I'd advise draining off the excess as soon as you can. If you cannot do this yourself, a garage will be able to do it very easily by removing the drain plug for a few seconds, then replacing it.

It might be easier (and less embarrassing) to simply bring the car in for an oil change and not bother to give the garage any details about why you're there.

You can drive around for a day or two like this, but not much longer.

Reply to
Tegger

If it is really overfilled, the only fix is to drain off the excess. My CRV will occasionally show about that much over or under, but 3 hours after it is shut down the next time, it shows normal again. I would check it again tomorrow morning before you start it up the first time & if it is still too high on the stick, the simplest fix is an oil change as Tegger suggested.

It could be, depending how it got that way. Did it do this by itself or did you simply put too much oil in it? If there is a milky appearance to it & it just started reading too high without any oil being added, you could have a blown head gasket.

.
Reply to
E. Meyer

do

Thank you for both answers, I did the mistake of adding to much oil :(

Thank you once again.

Fernando Andre

Reply to
Fernando Andr=E

simplest and fastest way without any tools is to turn oil filter until some or all of the oil inside drips out, then tighten the filter.

Reply to
reg

You must have a grip of steel to get the oil filter without a filter wrench ;-)

Reply to
William Munny

Solved the problem by taking the car to a mechanic 10 euros to correct the problem they used a vacuum tool or something according to the guy.

Thank you for the pointers... I'm not very good with cars and haven't got the tools to lift the car,and probably would have made a mess.

That's life.

Best regards and a nice weekend to all. FR

Reply to
Fernando Andr=E

20+ years ago I bought a small pump with tubing intended to be inserted into oil filler. Idea was to pump the old oil out and put new oil in. Sorta worked - sorta messy. I used it once as I recall.
Reply to
rd