Factory alarm goes off for no apparent reason

Like the subject says my alarm went off twice on it's own in the past two weeks. 2000 Accord Se. Any ideas

Touchy/defective door switch, hoof switch trunk switch. A defective switch contact can break contact as temperatures change.

Just realized my alarm does not work. When activated i tried the doors and it didn't go off. I guess it must be have to be reset. How is that done . The little light flashes on the door but that is all.

do you have the owners manual? you need to know all it has to say about your auto alarm system before you go looking for faults.
www.tegger.com may have a link to where you can download or browse the manual for your car.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
jrl wrote:

===================== Honda OEM alarms have an LED mounted on the door? Are you sure the dealer didn't install something aftermarket?
The Honda alarm has 'blink codes' that tell you what set it off.
'Curly'
Yes it has a LED flashing light beside the up/down lock unlock button. How do I access the blink codes ?

jrl wrote:

-----------------------
You come out in your pyjamas and the LED is blinking them at you.
They are listed in the alarm owner's manual. It's probably separate from the car Owner's manual.
'Curly'

I had this issue with my '95 VW Jetta back in the day, with it's factory alarm system. It was the back-up battery for the system failing.
Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA
I guess it is the panic alarm . Did quite a bit of research on this and it seems to be quite common. I unhooked he battery last night and hooked it back this morning and alarm hasn't come on yet. 5 hours. But now the little anti theft LED light is not on any more (on the radio or at the door), solid or blinking. It is almost like the system has disarmed itself. The fob still locks and unlocks but when I press it twice like I always do ,the horn and lights don't honk and flash anymore. Go figure.

does your radio still work? you may have cleared the radio and need to re-enter the anti-theft code. I hope you have the code written down somewhere.check under the ashtray if it's not on a card in your owners manual.

I suggest you find a place to download the owners manual if you don't have one in the glovebox. www.tegger.com may have links to where you can DL one.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
jrl wrote:

The blinking light on the stereo has NOTHING to do with your vehicle's alarm system. Don't confuse them.
If you need an owner's manual for the car, it's here: https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/RJAAI001_OMANUAL.asp
The PANIC alarm is the button on your remote and you have to hold it for about three seconds before it will set off the car (provided you're within range).
'Curly'
The manual explains nothing of my situation. Thanks to all for suggestions.

jrl wrote:

Vibration(ground shaking), or EMI?