Factory alarm goes off for no apparent reason

Like the subject says my alarm went off twice on it's own in the past two weeks. 2000 Accord Se. Any ideas

Reply to
jrl

Touchy/defective door switch, hoof switch trunk switch. A defective switch contact can break contact as temperatures change.

Reply to
Woody

"jrl" wrote in news:qmyEj.117878$C61.14242@edtnps89:

do you have the owners manual? you need to know all it has to say about your auto alarm system before you go looking for faults.

may have a link to where you can download or browse the manual for your car.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

======================

Honda OEM alarms have an LED mounted on the door? Are you sure the dealer didn't install something aftermarket?

The Honda alarm has 'blink codes' that tell you what set it off.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Reply to
jrl

-----------------------

You come out in your pyjamas and the LED is blinking them at you.

They are listed in the alarm owner's manual. It's probably separate from the car Owner's manual.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

I had this issue with my '95 VW Jetta back in the day, with it's factory alarm system. It was the back-up battery for the system failing.

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

"jrl" wrote in news:yvREj.92451$FO1.45519@edtnps82:

does your radio still work? you may have cleared the radio and need to re-enter the anti-theft code. I hope you have the code written down somewhere.check under the ashtray if it's not on a card in your owners manual.

I suggest you find a place to download the owners manual if you don't have one in the glovebox.

may have links to where you can DL one.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

--------------------------

The blinking light on the stereo has NOTHING to do with your vehicle's alarm system. Don't confuse them.

If you need an owner's manual for the car, it's here:

The PANIC alarm is the button on your remote and you have to hold it for about three seconds before it will set off the car (provided you're within range).

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Hi, Vibration(ground shaking), or EMI?