factory brake pads vs aftermarket

I would like some opiouns on factory brake pads vs aftermarket ones (say ceramic)?

Is ceramic better? They say they have a life time warrenty... bring them back etc?

Thanks

Reply to
Scott Phelps

they are very hard and eat some rotors, most aftermarket pads also squeak on a honda. Chip

Reply to
chip

I recently installed Wagner ThermoQuiet pads all around on my '03 Accord and so far am completely happy with them. Considering that the factory rear pads were completely worn out in 32k miles of moderate driving I see no reason to go with factory pads.

There are many, many grades of aftermarket pads out there. Even within brand names there are generally three or more quality levels offered. My advice is to stay away from the bargain priced ones :(.

Personally I have been installing Raybestos QuietStop or Wagner ThermoQuiet pads on our various vehicles and have been 100% satisfied with both. No noisy brakes, no rapid rotor wear and very moderate dusting levels with both of them.

John

Reply to
John Horner

when i lived in san francisco, driving on all those hills, i found them to have bad fade. as in /dangerously/ bad. i returned to oem and have had no more fade problems in normal use.

Reply to
jim beam

oh, and one other thing, over the counter, those wagner pads cost me /more/ than oem online, and oem came with backing plates & lube, the wagners didn't. more money, inferior performance??? does not compute!

Reply to
jim beam