Fear over new purchase of 2001 Civic DX

Hi there,
Question.... I have just bought a new 2001 Honda Civic dc with 100,000 (even) km on it. It runs great, but it cost me a fair bit of money
(I'm a new grad) and I can't afford realy to put anything more into it. I don't want to have payments, so I cashed in some RRSP's to pay for it.
I am scared though. I am scared that the timing belt is going to break or something else badwill happen to force me to dump more $$ into it.
Is it a safe car? Is it a safe buy? Should I sell it and get a fair price.
Please help as I feel sick about all of this...
Derek
100k is about time for a t-belt job.
You should check into getting this replaced soon. If you need to save some $$ try and find a Honda shop (not dealer) to get the job done.

chris wrote:

100k /miles/, not kilometers. 100k miles = 160k kilometers.

thats great but the OP say 100k KM

Jamco wrote:

eh? if the car has 100k km, and the shop manual says the belt needs to be changed at 160k km, the op has 60k km of driving left, right?