finally got my accord

I finally got my 06 accord (ex-L 4 cyl, with navi, 5 speed stick) in. it's sweet, still trying to figure out all the controls with the Navi. one thing
that suprised me is it didn't come with the michilin's as I expected, but rather Bridgestone Turanzas. Not sure how I like them yet, they ride nice and seem quiet. have yet to test them in any sort of weather conditions. the 5 speed is slick, and great power from the 4 cyl (still breaking it in so I haven't really tested it). a few things i was suprised about, the passenger seat isn't power and there is no auto on/off headlights. minor annoyances, but thats about it. love the car!
-Nick

I just leave the headlight switch in the on position at all times. This way my low beams are on at all times I am driving and the shut off automatically 1 minute after closing the drivers side door when parked.
Did you order them with the Michilins?

Dr Nick wrote:

Which Turanza model specifically? According to tirerack.com, you probably have the Turanza EL41, which seems to get mixed reviews. The Turanza LS series (LS-T, LS-H, LS-V) usually gets very good reviews.
i think i'd rather have the bridgestones anyway.
jeff

to answer question, no I didn't specify a tire that came wiht it. I heard mixed reviews on the Michilins, haven't done any research on the turanzas. we shall see how they are when some rain (or most likely snow this time of year) hits.
-Nick
Dr Nick wrote:

I have Turanza LS-T's on my '88 Civic. I got about 70K miles out of my first set and I'm now on my second set. They work great in the rain and on dry pavement without too much road noise. However, they haven't been so great in the snow. I have an extra pair of rims mounted up with snow tires for when they're needed.
Eric
DId you get the auto-dimming mirror you were asking about?
Jon

thing
the
passenger
"Zeppo @hotmail.com>" <zeppo_m<nospam> wrote in message

no I didn't, but I think I'm going to, I was quoted 295 to have the mirror installed. I offered 200 and they wouldn't do it, so I decided not to. after lookign though, it seems like a DECENT price? considering the mirror and attachment is about 200 after I pay to ship it. any thoughts?

after
I have the feature it in my '05 Santa Fe and really love it. Since we are shopping an accord for my wife I'd really like to have it. The model I've seen on line from a Honda dealer who does discounts on accessories on line has a compass, too.
I'm definitely going to order is an option, either by itself or as part of the 'sport' package that has the mirror, fog lights and a spoiler. Also, if you're handy you could install it yourself.
http://www.handaccessories.com/accord/06-accord-mirrorex.pdf
Jon
Personally, I rather do this myself. I was also looking at the same thing for my wife's CRV. I figured if I do it myself, I save ~$100 (after tax) and I still have a spare mirror on hand (if done by dealer, they're keeping it), plus avoiding the hassle of going to the dealer.

Nick, I believe that you will like your Accord. I read about the 4 cyld. engine in the 06 Accord and it appears to me to be far superior to the engine in my "99 4 cyld. Accord. I advise you to keep those tires on your Accord until they wear out. At that point, replace them with Michilin's or any other brand. Several months ago someone stated that he planned to replace the tires on his new car since he preferred a different brand. It's a needless waste of money. Jason
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO

yes after thinking it over I'm gonna jsut keep them and wear them out. not worth it to get rid of brand new tires.