Flashing Drive Light

Hi all, hope someone can help.
Sometimes, more frequently now then in the past, my drive light keeps blinking. By drive light I mean the green D on the dashboard indicating
that my manual 2004 CRV is in drive. One Honda Mechanic suggested that my gear shifter was probably not falling all the way in place. I'm pretty sure that's not the case however because the blinking occurs while I'm in park, reverse or neutral.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeremy

Have the engine's computer scanned for error codes (DTC's). Any garage can do this, and many auto parts places will loan you an OBD-II scanner for free.
--
Tegger

Are there any symptoms /other/ than the flashing light? Or does the tranny behave perfectly normally?
--
Tegger

On 2/2/2011 2:54 PM, Tegger wrote:

Everything else seems normal to me. But I'll ask the local Honda dealer to give it a scan for me. Thanks.

huh?

Funny, I just noticed this the other day.
The owners manual for my 08 'Fit' says a flashing 'D' indicator shown while driving in any shift position indicates a 'possible problem in the transmission'. It goes on to say to avoid heavy acceleration and have the car checked at the dealer. Bet your owners manual says much the same.
That means to me the computer has a stored code that needs to be addressed.
I have the 'Fit' factory shop manual, if your interested I'll drag it out and see what the flashing indicator is all about... it may be tomorrow night or later before I can do it though.
I'd Google this issue if I were you... here's a start:
<http://www.google.com/search?q 04+CRV+flashing+d&hl=en&num&lr=&ft=i &cr=&safe=images&tbs=>
(If the link doesn't work, all i did was put 2004 CRV flashing d into Google.)
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Erik
On 2/2/2011 7:25 PM, Erik wrote:

Thanks Erik, I looked in my manual but couldn't find anything. I might have missed it though. Tried Googling already and found a variety of possibilities. But I'll try your links/suggestions below and I'll call the dealership. Thanks for the help. Jeremy
On 2/2/11 4:36 PM, Jeremy Schubert wrote:

"Manual" transmission in "Drive? Huh?
On 2/3/2011 6:46 AM, Red Butler wrote:

LOL, I meant automatic, sorry!
On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:42:09 -0800, Jeremy Schubert

Loose bulb or one that is on it's way south.