Fob battery

Nice of the car to warn me that the fob battery was low (about 28 months old). I drove directly to the dealer expecting to be gouged (yes the alternative was open the manual or having read it already) but guess what it uses a generic Maxell lithium battery and even the dealer (parts window) only charged me four dollars, installed.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Mine lasted 23 months. Trying to remember to keep it away from router and wireless signals which apparently can shorten its life.

Reply to
Jim

yeah, 'cuz Youtube would have been too hard, too.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Come spring, be eight years for mine...

Reply to
Aldo Raine

Well, I'm already in a running car at that point with a light that might be promising imminent failure or stranding, so I guess I could start browsing youtube at that moment for access to the Group Mind, and I guess many people today would do just that, because of course youtube is never wrong.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Er, ... yeah?

My apartment is subject to about twenty wifi signals at any given moment, more like fifty if you count weak ones.

Any documentation on that? Should I construct a Faraday box to keep it in, or is someone already selling that?

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Well, I was commenting on your stated indifference toward reading the owner's manual--because apparently that's too hard.

Or maybe doing so would invalidate your manhood card or something.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

replacement apparently has lasted about 2 month since the light is flashing again. then again, I paid 15&cent for it. i guess you get what you pay for.

Reply to
Jim

The other cause for early failure is stuck button, my dealer guy said that the buttons getting pressed in your pocket is often blamed.

J.

Reply to
JRStern

Well, I briefly considered it, but I was pretty sure that yeah it would invalidate my card, and also that reading the manual alone wasn't going to actually charge the battery, and by the time I found a shop that had the right sized cell, even if that's all it was, it might be too late, and my dealer is not that far away, and it was mid-afternoon so I gave it a big wtf.

J.

Reply to
JRStern