Following the ABS troubleshooting steps; Have any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2
So you are basically saying that you have one shorted out ABS sensor and the light is on bitching about it.
I would just replace the sensor......
You could always just pull the light bulb that is annoying you or put some black elictrical tape over it..... ;-)
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id !15147590 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
scube wrote:

Well, it turns out that engine diagnostic connector is the same as the ABS diagnostic connector. The ABS codes did not report anything wrong w/ the wheel sensors. They did report a pressure issue however. The flow chart in the manual says to bleed the high pressure fluid from the ABS system and measure it's volume. Then, run the pump a bit. There is a T-wrench tool that is used to turn the bleed valve. It is a square headed screw and I was wondering if anyone knows if I can get this valve open w/ out having to buy a $100 wrench. I know it's got a resevoir thing on top to catch the high pressue fluid, but what's wrong w/ a hose plugged over the valve opening and a wrench that is the correct size to turn the valve open. What size is the head of this bleed valve? anyone know for a 1993 honda Accord?
I don't wanna buy a tool I'll use for one job one time..(hopefully..)
thanks all!

You may find a 12 point socket will fit the screw. Honda seems to be in love with 12-points.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

yup. id suggest going to wally world and buying a "drive bit" set... as big a set as you can find, with all the bits. see if anything fits. if so? good! if not?
either way, you can return it :) save that receipt!
scube wrote:

square head (sticking out), or recessed square drive? seems every "150+ piece" drive bit set i get as a gift comes with square, torx, star, hex, etc... crap i never use. 145 bits i never even touch :)
scube wrote:

8 or 10 mm combination wrench and a chunk of clear tubing from the wine making store. Bleed it several times, exercise the ABS HARD (gravel road) as soon as you can get it to keep the light off, and bleed it again. Lay damp rags around where you're working, and wash with water any spills.
'Curly'
The manual says to hook the ALB checker to the ABS control unit and that can simulate the wheels skidding and pressurize the system.
I don't have an ALB checker, so..
Instead I should bleed from the high pressure valve a few times and then skid my car on some gravel? Then bleed it again? Does the pump have to run a little bit to build up pressure to bleed again?
I have an 8mm socket which won't fit, maybe the thru-hole on the socket isn't big enough for the nipple. I've seen the 8mm/10mm bleeder wrench at Autozone. This is what I should use? how about a regular 8mm box end wrench?
Thanks all...