for the guys that are into recreational oil changing...

Page 13 of 13

Weird... my Wal Mart Mobil 1 didn't seem to specify. Maybe if I read the Spanish translation... :o
Michael
On 04/05/2010 09:18 AM, Michael wrote:

look again. all my local's stock at least 4 of the 5 listed here: http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Oils.aspx

--
nomina rutrum rutrum

You should try the Mobil 1 FAQ Site at http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Car_Care/AskMobil/AskMobil_Homepage.aspx or http://tinyurl.com/ygls6rk .
If you follow the product links you can find the Mobil 1 suggeted life for their products.
Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W30 says the following: "Provides outstanding engine protection at oil change intervals of up to 15,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first." (from http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_Extended_Performance.asp )
The "Standard" Mobil 1 product data sheet doesn't include a life claim (see http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_5W-30.asp ). The FAQ at http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_Extended_Performance_FAQs.aspx#FAQs3 explains the difference between standard Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Extended Performance.
Ed

Yes, it's the "Standard" Mobil 1 I had purchased.
Michael