Found small screw stuck in MXV4-plus tire

Today, when parked at Home Depot (where I highly suspect they don't sweep the parking lots frequently enough), I happened to notice a small screw stuck in my
front drivers-side tire (Michelin MXV4 plus). The tire did not seem flat (in fact it was overinflated slightly, but I had just got the car inspected in NJ and maybe they inflate the tires as part of the inspection... who knows).
Anyway, I removed the screw by turning counter-clockwise with a pair or pliers. I estimate that the screw was stuck in around 3/16ths of an inch (MAYBE as much as 1/4" though). It was in one of the deep gaps that surround the circumference of the tire, but was sticking in at an angle (not straight in). The diameter of the screw may have been as much as 1/8" (including the threads) depending on how far in it actually was.
I plan on putting some soapy water onto the small hole where the screw was. If I don't find any evidence of leakage, and if the tire hold pressure, then the question is:
Should I:
1) Do nothing.
or
2) Put a dab of sealant on the OUTSIDE just to help protect the area in case I run over debris there. If so, then what do I use (silicone, or something else?)
or
3) Take the tire to a repair shop and have it patched from the inside as a precautionary measure
Let me know what you think?
Thanks,
J.
jaynews wrote: <snip long and irrelevant story>
news at 10: how i nearly ran over a plastic bag, but didn't.
<<news at 10: how i nearly ran over a plastic bag, but didn't.>
...and...news at 11: how *you* found the bag, and then smoked all the crack cocaine that was inside it, and then decided to reply to this thread ;-)
jaynews wrote:

Yes, but which of the THREE identical posts?

I stubbed my toe today. Am I going to die? Should I put a dab of glue on it? Please help me, I'm at my wits end and I don't know what to do about it.
I'm such a clueless nuckfuckle, I'm lucky I'm not *quite* a woman.
Jeez.
--
Dan.