Front Brke pad wear indicator Oddysey '99

I thought I would inspect my front brakes having just replaced pads on another vehicle. The pads looked reasonable but the driver side inner pad was wearling unevenly. Upon inspection it looked the the wear indicator on the bottom(trailing edge going forward) was the culprit since it is clipped over where the pad slides. This was the first side I inpected. When I did the passenger side there was no problem with uneven wear and the wear indicator was on the top (leading edge in forward). I'm assuming the driver side really should have had the indicator on the top. I'm planning to put it there so it is the same as the passenger side.

Anybody have any experience with this? All maintence has been done only by Honda dealers to this point and I only inspected because I borrowed a mecahnics jack and was curious how well the pads were. I lubricated and bled the brakes and all that stuff it was really just a thourgh inspection because it is raining for the nth consecutive weekend here.

Comments welcome. Dusty

Reply to
dustydad

OK A second look and I'm wrong both indicator are on the bottom trailing edge. So I don't know why the driver side is wearing (less wear on the clip side bottom) so I will leave them. Now that I look at the passenger side the clip seems free moving. Could the piston be pushing unevenly?

Dusty

Reply to
dustydad