Front end saga continues

Well...

New Upper Ball joint, new brake pads, lubed sliders, new stabilizer bar bushings... Car still acting like it has a flat.... Still feels loose when I drive....

I was just talking to a guy at the garage, and he indicated that the lower ball joints might be pooched. He said I wouldn't feel any play on a simple inspection. I had to put a pry bar in between the knuckle and check for play... How difficult are the lower ball joints to replace? It looks nasty....

Anybody else have anything to add?

If life was simple, we wouldn't learn shit.

BD

Reply to
boondocks

"boondocks" wrote in news:6e23h.41573$P7.19913@edtnps89:

To check: pop the taper, lever the lower control arm out of the way, then wiggle the balljoint's post by hand. Easy-peasy. A good balljoint has NO play when you wiggle/push/pull. Neither should it be STIFF. It should move easily, but with absolutely NO play of ANY kind.

To replace you have to pop upper and lower balljoints and knock the driveshaft out of the hub. Then it's just a matter of a 20-ton press.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"boondocks" wrote in news:6e23h.41573$P7.19913@edtnps89:

By the way, don't start a new thread continuing an old one. Just post to the old thread.

Reply to
TeGGeR®