fuel delivery

Is there a way to verify what quantity of fuel that is being sent to the injectors or the engine itself as a matter of fact. The reason I'm asking is I have reasons to believe some sensor or something is preventing all necessary fuel to be delivered to the engine. When I'm at 1000to2500 rpm, the car will kind of loose power, jerk but have all its power when I go full throttle. I also have some concerns that maybe the injectors are not properly working because of pour grounding. (from what I understand, injectors work by voltage pulse?) But how to test?

92 civic VX (has the VTEC-E)

I know I have about 40psi of fuel pressure at the fuel filter output. I know the O2 sensor works (it's new), I have no check engines codes.

Reply to
té qui

"té_qui" wrote in news:p2Sge.59452$ snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net:

Yes. You need a fuel pressure tester to confirm that fuel pressure is the specified 37-44psi.

Then your fuel supply is likely fine. What you have sounds more like an EGR valve stuck partially open, or a Throttle Positon Sensor with a dead spot on it.

If the ECU fails to see current flowing from the injectors when it tries to ground them, the Check Engine light will come on with a Code 16.

Then your fuel delivery is fine.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Hello, Tegger provided some excellent advice and I suggest that you follow it. In the mean time, visit an auto parts store such as Auto Zone or NAPA and buy a can of injector cleaner. It usually comes in a can that makes it easy to pour into a full tank of gas. It's possible that your injectors just needs to be cleaned out. It's worth a try. During my last tune-up, the mechanic added fuel cleaner aka injector cleaner to my gasoline and I noticed a major improvement in the way my engine ran. Jason

Reply to
Jason