Fuel fill door cable kaput

Hi, Haven't seen this addressed. 2003 Accord, 4 door. Was at the gas station and pushed the floor lever that opens the gas fill door. Door wouldn't open. Pulling lever to open trunk feels/works normal. Pushing lever feels loose with no tension. Are there any work arounds that don't involve tearing the inside of my trunk apart? Thanks.

Ripley

Reply to
Quint 5

Probably not. The usual cause of release cables going slack is that at one end or the other the cable housing has pulled through (or popped out of) the retainer. I suppose it is a 50/50 chance the problem is at the front where the release lever is or at the back where the door release is. As an emergency measure, if you can reach the cable anywhere en route and pull on the entire cable and housing it will probably release the door.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee