FUEL GAUGE 93 CIVIC EX SENDING UNIT OR GAUGE DEFECTIVE ??

Just bought the car, the fuel gauge always stays on full. Wondering what is most likely the problem.
Thanks in advance!

Car used to be owned by a liberal/Democrat?
snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

====================== I had a stinkin' FORD that I soldered a resistor on the backside of the cluster so it would stay that way. Otherwise it would jump around and click against the bottom E. It was the sender.
You may just have a disconnected / broken wire, or short to ground. Just unplug the sender to confirm, isn't it under the rear seat in that one?
'Curly'
Most of the time , this means you have an open ground

snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com wrote:

you need to trace back the circuit. before you do that though, look under the car and check the tank for dents - if dented, the internal baffles of the tank could be bent and the float stuck.