Fuel Injection Adjustment in Trunk?

My wife called on Sunday. She was leaving work and our '92 Accord would not start. It cranked fine, so battery was not a problem. A passer-by who identified himself as trained in Honda repairs helped her. After looking under the hood he said it wasn't getting gas. He opened the trunk and supposedly manipulated something with a screwdriver. Afterward the car started. He told my wife to buy fuel injection cleaner and add it to the gas tank. She drove home. Over a couple days since, I've had no problem starting the car twice. We haven't driven it away from home yet.

My questions:

  1. What is in the trunk that one might adjust that would effect the fuel flow to the engine?

  1. Now that it has been adjusted and seems to start OK, is the problem fixed, i.e., can wife go back to taking this car to work without fearing being stranded?

  2. Do the experts agree with the fuel injection cleaner suggestion?

TIA,

-Scott

Reply to
SMcK

SMcK wrote in news:a1edc401-b903-406f-8a58-551cdf5006a9 @s9g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

See my answers in rec.autos.makers.honda, the other group you posted this to.

Reply to
Tegger