Gas Fumes

I will be taking the car to a hoist later this week. 2000 Accord 4cylinder. Just started smelling gas the last week or so. No puddles, I know this is a very premature question but I am tthing it may be the
vapor cannister. Oh yeah I get no trouble codes. I smell it mainly outside the car when I stop. 225,000 kilometres on her.

More likely you've got a rusting fuel line near the gas tank.
--
Tegger

We'll see, thanks.

As it turns out it was the tank,however the brake and gas lines had to be replaced as well. BAAAD shape. That is the first expense except pads in 5 years. Real good car. Knock on wood.

That's an awful, terrible place for rust.
Honda puts a plastic shield there to protect the fuel lines from road- splash, but the shield also traps moisture behind it, so the entire area stays as humid as a jungle, all the time.
--
Tegger

I was driving through a residential neighborhood in the L.A. area one time, when I smelled raw gasoline. So I stopped the car to have a look. When I got out of the car, I noticed that the smell wasn't coming from my car. The entire neighborhood smelled of raw gasoline; even when I walked a block away from the car, the air stank of raw gasoline. Evidently there was an oil refinery or something nearby.
-- Steven L.
Okay.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:24:55 +0000, "Steven L."

Good place to (not) light up a cigarette.

Guy falling out of the sky to guy flying up: "Hey, do you know anything about parachutes?"
Guy going up: "Nope. You know anything about gas stoves?"
--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly

To the tune of "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean":
My Daddy leant over the gas stove, A leak in the pipe for to see. I lit a match to assist him. Oh, bring back my Daddy to me.
--
Tinkerer

Or looking for leaks in a hydrogen line with a candle. At a nuclear reactor in, say, Tennesse (it did happen, including the thankfully, minor fire)
--

- dillon I am not invalid

bin Laden thought of himself as a holy man. I guess