gas mileage 03 pilot

We just bought a 03 pilot and so far everything is great , but I thought we would get better gas mileage were getting 18 mpg. combined How is everyone elses mileage. thx gd

That's about right for an '03 Pilot.

"A lack of common sense is now considered a disability,

Pilots probably do better.
I do mostly highway, and on a good day I can get upwards of 25. However, around the city, I've been down as low as 15-16. Welcome to the world of SUVs. I bet a hybrid Pilot or CRV would do well -- Highlander Hybrid territory.

35 mpg. Would like to get her into an Accord sedan... but.

That's in the ball park according to the EPA: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/calculatorSelectEngine.jsp?year 03&makeHonda&model=Pilot%204WD