Gas mileage on recent model Accords ?

Can anyone with a recent model 4-cylinder Accord .. say from 1997 Accord to 2005 Accord, tell me what kind of gas mileage do you really get ? Honda claims Camry's give 24mpg (city) and 29 mpg (hwy) for
4-cylinder cars. Is this what you 'really' get ?
Thanks
On 17 May 2005 14:47:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

My 98 Camry 4 banger gets 28 mpg (60% highway).
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have a 99 Accord EX (4 cyld). I get 23 miles per gallon on trips (mostly freeway driving). The www.fueleconomy.gov website states that I should get 30 miles per gallon on trips.
I have never measured my gas mileage related to city driving (aka stop and go).
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Jason wrote:

Boy, that seems low.
My '03 V-6 Accord gives me 28-30 mpg on highway trips with 75mph speeds and the A/C on. Mixed around town driving returns 21-26mpg depending on my driving mix.
John
John Horner wrote:

My 2005 Accord v6 gets very similar numbers.
Based on the replies here, you are probably driving like 100 mph on the highway to get this kind of low gas mileage.

I had to drive thru a couple of small cities on the trip. I guess if I had not spent any time at any stop signs or traffic lights--my mileage would have been much better. I geneally drive about 5 mph above the posted speed limit.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO

Have you checked your tire pressure?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

I rented a Camry about a year ago and drove it for a full week. It easily got 24+ mpg about town. I was impressed. Another rental I was impressed with MPG was a Saturn.

I have a 2001 V6 Accord that returns around 28-33 mpg in town, and has given me 44 mpg (as the highest) on the highway. Bear in mind that I am speaking in Imperial measure.
Why would Honda be making claims about Camrys? {;^)
Brian
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Uh, Camry is a Toyota :).
I have a V-6 '03 Accord which EPA wise should be a little worse that the 4. Mixed local driving gives me 22-26mpg depending on the driving mix. Highway driving with 70-75mph cruising speeds and the A/C running returns 28-30 mpg. All US gallons.
John

03 4-cyl/manual Summer 27 mpg mostly suburban, 32+ highway (~70 mph w/climate control on) Winter about 2 mpg less with the 'special' blend we get in New England Worst ever about 23 mpg in winter with a lot of slow going
Dave
4-cyl '04 sedan auto: 27+ around town; 32 or better so straight highway 75 mph (which was just one 230 mile round trip, and it included 60+ miles of in-town driving).
On 5/17/2005 4:47 PM snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com spake these words of knowledge:

'03 Accord, 4 cylinder automatic
27.89 mpg through just over 60,000 miles - most of those were on the highway, but most of 'em were at 85 mph, too.
RFT!!! Dave Kelsen
My 2002 Accord 4 cylinder got about 24 city and 29 highway, I now have a 2005 Accord 4 cylinder which gets about 27 city and 32 highway.
spake these words of

2003 4 cyl automatic = 29 mpg combined city/highway (about 50/50), drops to 27 mpg in winter.
Bob
2004 accord 4-cylinder EX w/auto. transmission purchased 3/04. 13,000 miles on it so far. In suburbia driving, we got:
25.69 MPG in 2004 25.07 MPG so far in 2005
location: Minneapolis
rpm