Gas smell after very short run?

Page 4 of 4

That is the most bizarre and meaningless thing you have written here yet, and that is really saying something. I don't know exactly what your problem is - the source of your intellectual and social dysfunctions - but I hope it is something you can straighten out. If it is a substance problem you can kick it; the real world is nowhere near as ugly as the one you are showing us. If you are suffering from bipolar disorder a doctor may be able to help. All I am sure of is that you are currently one seriously messed up individual.
Michael Pardee wrote:

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR!! ----------------------
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
WOW!!! That was the most entertaining example of Net Kookery I've witnessed in some time. With Vulcan logic like that, who needs an opponent?!

Understatement. Of. The. Year.
The score is 108-0 .... at the end of the first quarter. Maybe it's time to dust off the "Mercy Rule" Michael. :) The continuing slaughter, while entertaining, is so one sided as to be cruel.

Roids, maybe? He reminds me of a certain punk-assed 17 year old football jock I had the misfortune of sharing a class with. A legend in his own mind, suffering chronic testosterone poisoning, who had taken one too many shots to the head.
Still LAMO! :) Thanks Jim!

Roids are something I don't know anything about. I have known alcoholics in my family when I was a kid, and have recent experience with a cocaine addict of 30 years' standing, and a meth freak who has let up in recent years (both in my in-laws extended family). The effect of cocaine is the one that I find easiest to recognize when it gets bad - nothing else I've seen produces the lurid and grandiose language with self-adulation. I think that is why I've emt recovering alcoholids and recovering speed freaks but no recovering coke heads - they think they are walking down a red carpet with flashbulbs going off around them while in reality the people around them are wondering when they last brushed their teeth - if ever. Alcoholics tend to know they are screwed up but try not to acknowledge it.
I still don't know for sure "jim's" problem isn't medical - either mental retardation from childhood or bipolar disorder from the typical adolescent / early adulthood time frame. If it is bipolar, it isn't as bad as most I've had occasional contact with. Either way, I don't condemn people who were dealt a bad hand in terms of their health, but nobody needs to be such a jerk. The oddest thing was his use of "drama queen" - I have only heard the term used by shrewish women, flamboyant gay men ( the "Bitch!" crowd) and coke addicts. Men who can face the world just never think such a thing... it's too weird. If he is one of the first two groups (we don't know the true sex or sexual orientation of anybody online) it explains but does not forgive the insult, but in light of his inability to understand simple definitions or simple technical writing I suspect something is taking over his life.
Mike
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:20:52 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:

So, in a nutshell, you're saying that "jim" is a gay cokehead, probably bipolar, possibly retarded, and stupid?
I'd have to agree.

There is a difference between the smell of RAW gasoline and partly burned exhaust fumes that go through a cold converter that doesn't clean them up. I think the OP was smelling the latter.
I think some of you have been on a wild goose chase for quite awhile.

There is a difference between the smell of RAW gasoline and partly burned exhaust fumes that go through a cold converter that doesn't clean them up. I think the OP was smelling the latter.
I think some of you have been on a wild goose chase for quite awhile.
================================================ That's a possibility. We have been going on a rather subjective observation that it was a strong gasoline smell, but if it was just the cold engine exhaust he was smelling you are spot on.
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

what a weak-ass climb-down!

Do you have something intelligent to say? Write like a man or go away.
Michael Pardee wrote:

something intelligent like "if tomorrow the OP reports a fire that destroys his Fit and possibly his home"? that kind of a man?

No - you are still thinking like a teenage girl. This is not about your petty personal hangups, it is about automobiles.
If you read almost any other contributor's posts you will get the idea. Your perspective is grossly abnormal - most guys stop thinking like that in their mid teens - and your obsession with personal issues is just plain creepy. Like I said, write like a man or go away.
Thus spake snipped-for-privacy@flash.net :

To settle this, yeah, it's just a matter of it running too fat for just a moment. My guy at Howdy said that it usually happens when the temperatures drop rapidly, like it did that day. From the upper 70s at 2 pm to the mid 40s by 8pm.
"Strong smell" was too much of an overstatement.
Oh yeah, I have not seen any liquid on the driveway or in the garage that could be attributable to anything except A/C discharge. So, I guess my garage might flood, but it won't burn down.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Hi, I'm Michael Phelps and Olympic Gold isn't the only