Getting door speakers out on 2005 Accord

I need to know how to take out the door speakers to replace them. I see clips that need to be pinched, but once pinched the speakers still seem as if they are glued on or something. Am I doing something wrong? Why did they make this a pain in the ass knowing that most people upgrade?