getting started

Hi all, Been awhile since I have worked on a overhead cam/head rebuild but went to start today and sounds like the valves are hitting the pistons so turned off the engine real quick and went back in the house
to re-read the book on hondas. It is a 89 accord with a carb not fuel injection. I think I have the crank 360 out so just need to take the timing belt back off and rotate the timing TDC around another turn and put the belt back on to solve the tapping problem. If this is the problem let me know thanks.
Posted at author's request, using interface