Getting water in Trunk of car

Living in Florida with the rainy season upon us, I have been getting water inside the trunk of my car. Anything I should check to see what could be causing this? I have a 1993 Honda Civic EX which ny wife left
me without a title to. I finally found a way to get the title & I want to get the car back up on the road after staying idle for a few months. What else should I do to get the car Road Ready?

A very common route is the seal around the tail-lights. If you wrap a towel around the inside of each and run a hose on them (the lights, not the towels!) a few seconds, you should be able to detect any leak there. New seals are available from Honda at reasonable prices.
Mike
it's an EX, so do you have a sunroof?
the sunroof draintubes which run down past the trunk area might be clogged.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Do a google (groups) search. It's been discussed a million times. I thought silicone sealant was recommended, since the factory seals don't quite cut it.
'Curly'

I thought the group had seen a few causes for water in the trunk. Failed tail-light gaskets (all of them!) is just one and I thought manifested more obviously with water in the lamp assembly.
I had massive water buildup in the taillights in 2003. I can't remember if the trunk was also getting wet. I disassembled all assemblies, cleaned the old gaskets, and applied appropriate caulking. No problems since, and I've driven through many bad rainstorms.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

More often than not, it's the tail light lens gaskets as others have noted. However, this doesn't exclude other sources. I used to park my '88 Civic 4 door facing nose first on a slight downhill in my driveway. This caused water to accumulate in the front corners of the trunk lid seal recess which then leaked over the trunk seal into the trunk. The solution was twofold, replace the trunk seal and back the car into the driveway such that water will no longer accumulate in the corners.
Eric