Going to give up the old Honda

1991 Accord. I've had it since 1996 and it now as around 145k, but the body looks like crap and it's leaking oil. My mechanic says that it would cost a lot to fix that leak so I haven't pursued it. I'm moving
to Florida in a few months (from NYC) so I'll probably leave it behind.
It's worth apparently $600 so maybe I'll try to sell it to someone. It runs great and doesn't even seem to leak much oil. There are so many minor problems though. Trim peeling off, speakers shot, windows washers hardly working, holes in the body.
What a great car it has been. In 20 years it's only not started a few times, and once was after being flooded and having the computer short out. Oh well.

Well, to be fair, that also describes you--but your wife isn't giving you up, is she?
;-)
On 4/28/2015 4:04 PM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:

I'm afraid my own body comes under that category. Fortunately, my wife is not trading me in. My Honda body is 17 years old in a salty Winter roads place. I keep getting the body repaired. There is a limit to what you can do. My own body I use for living here is not in too bad a shape yet for a guy in his 70s.
I believe reincarnation is a fact. So, I can expect a new body. Considering my age, that is not too far off. I would like to keep the title to my Honda into my next life. I am not sure how you do the paper work for that. Any one have an idea? I have gotten kinda attached to that CRV and I would like it for my first car as a teenager.

The Tibetans have some formula for finding the reincarnated Dalai Lama so perhaps you can persuade them to search for the new you. Of course, it would likely take a sizable donation.
I have to admit that Elmo is pretty close to the mark, but I've taken better care of me than the Honda. It's such a wreck - mostly the paint peeling and fading - that I'd be embarassed leaving it in the driveway of the new house. And the oil would stain that driveway.