Goodson Honda in Houston TX ATTEMPTED RIPOFF IMO

I'll make it short and to the point.

I was quoted the following for an 06 Accord EXL I4/AT, these are direct copy and paste from the emails :

from the dealership:

"I have the 06 4cyl in both white and black, my final offer on this car is 22266.00 or 23897.42 Drive Out. Let Me know? Thanks"

My response:

"We may have a deal here.

OK, just to be certain we are all on the same page, $23,897.42 is complete and total drive out price for a new 2006 Accord 4 door sedan, Taffeta White / Tan Leather, EX-L I-4 motor, automatic transmission with nothing to be added to that drive out price whatsoever for any reason? Has this offer been approved by whoever needs to approve it?

I just want to be certain there are no changes or surprises when I show up for the car to do this. Please let me know."

The dealership replied :

"we offer Lojack, Propack (Wheel locks, Trunk tray, Door edge guards, Mud guards) and paint and fabric seals, on every car. that cost is usually 1790.00 I can probably get that price reduced however I'm not sure they would be will to overlook it altogether. Let me know if you are still interested. Thanks"

to which I responded :

"I thought you gave me the final drive out price. Now you are changing it.

This is not acceptable.

Will you stand behind your stated drive out price as you have quoted below ?"

and they came back with :

"the price for drive out is the price of the car in my emails I stated that the price I quoted was non inclusive of any dealer adds. I nformed you of this before your arrival. I would truly like to earn your business but these items cannot be removed from the car. I may be able to get the price of the items reduced however."

to which I replied:

"A drive out price is a drive out price. Period.

If there is something to be added then it is not a drive out price is it?

Why didn't you state that up front instead of hiding it ? What did you expect me to do when that came up ?

You had a cash customer ready to sign a check and pay in full for a quoted drive out price. Now you don't."

the Goodson's final response :

"I hear what your saying sorry we lost your business."

in my opinion, Goodson Honda does not honestly portray their dealings and I recommend not doing business with them.

Reply to
another viewer

I've bought two Honda Civics from Gillman Honda (59 and tollway) in 1997 and 2005. We were well pleased with both buying experiences.

In fact, we just just some fairly major work done on the 1997 Civic at Gillman. They did a good job and charged me OK.

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

dude....he lied to you. Period. Plain and simple.

Get over it, and move on somewhere else.

Did you ever see Fargo? He's selling you True Coat.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Well, at least you were able to save a lot of time by communicating with email instead of going through an hours long ordeal on premise!

We "offer" implies that the customer can accept or decline said offer, but the rest of the statement seems to imply that it isn't an offer at all, but rather a requirement.

If everyone would simply refuse to fall for that kind of nonsense then it would stop. Sort of like telemarketing. If nobody ever bought anything from those jerks then the jerks would go out of business and disappear!

John

Reply to
John Horner

yah, "offer" is a bit disingenuous, ain't it...

Which is exactly why I am telling this story far and wide.

If Goodson blatantly lies like this, do you think I would trust them to work on the car ? no way ! What else are they going to lie about ? Who knows and I don't care to find out.

I can't believe anyone would put up with it, much less go on to buy a car from them, but P.T. Barnum must be correct again.

If this steers anyone else away from those crooks, my work here is done.

Reply to
another viewer

gawrsh, ya think so ? bwahahahahahaha

nothing to get over, just doing a bit of public service.

already found another dealer who wants my business and so far isn't handing me a bunch of bovine output.

LOL

Reply to
another viewer