GPS and the Prelude

I'm in the market for a Garmin GPS and would like to know if anyone has a recommended method for using it in a Prelude...there are a lot of methods out there and I'd like to see/hear something tried and true.

thanks in advance and happy holidays

mike t

Reply to
mtripl

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by using it in at Prelude. Are you referring to mounting or...?

While I cannot speak tI "hard mounted" a Garmin 2610 in my '06 Accord's center console beneath the radio/heater controls. It's like it was made for it.

The important thing that works across the make and model barriers is GET AN EXTERNAL ANTENNA PUCK! They are all gain antennas and really work nicely. I mounted mine on the bottom of the rear package shelf (in the trunk.) I found a nice open spot where the antenna could see up through the fabric and glass - that's all you need.

With easy routing of the power and antenna wires, with the door on the storage compartment is closed, the unit is undetectable by someone sitting in the front passenger seat yet it works flawlessly with a typical accuracy (as reported by the unit itself) of +/- 7 feet.

If you don't want to go to the trouble, consider the bean bag mount. Even if it won't stay on your dash, if you've taken the time to install the external antenna puck it will work sitting on the floor of the car or the passenger seat, etc.

Reply to
Looking Grim