GPS for 2006 CR-V

I would like to get a gps that would fix rather neatly in my CR-V. I was think something that would fit in the slot just below the radio. Hit me back with any ideas. Thanks

Reply to
Andy Dufresne

Get a Garmin that sits on the dash and don't futz with building it in. You can then move it to other vehicles, and take it when you fly 'n rent-a-car. Works great.

Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

Agreed!

I have a Garmin 2610 with a 2gb CF card (let me load the whole US and Canada) and I move it back and forth between my motorcycle and Accord as well as take when I travel (in FL for a few days a month).

Reply to
Seth

We bought a Garmin 2610. We use it both in our Accord Coupe and Our Maxima Se. It sits on either dash on a high friction beanbag like mount, works great.

PS Has saved my marriage any number of times.

Reply to
Dell

I just bought a 2006 CRV and have been looking for that same answer. Nothing will fit in that slot (I assume you are referring to the CD drawer?) because its not full width. Crutchfield lists two self contained systems that will fit in place of the factory radio (a Pioneer and an Eclipse).

My first thought was to try to reproduce the Alpine system that was OEM on my 2000 Acura TL. I have never found a place that that system couldn't route me to. It looks like you can do it by buying an Alpine DVD video system and the NAV unit separately, but it costs the price of a good used car and you have find an inconspicuous, yet accessible place to mount the nav box.

The dealer where I bought the truck indicated that they had a unit that they could install into the CRV, but I was hesitant to include any discussions with them that would run up the price of the truck. I will probably go back and ask them what unit they use.

There does not appear to be a built-in solution that doesn't involve replacing the factory radio.

Reply to
E Meyer