Handbrake light - Predlude VTi 2.2 1997

Hi all
Over the last couple of weeks, when starting the car from cold and releasing the handbrake, the handbrake light will stay lit for roughly 30 seconds or
so. It will also light when applying the brakes. Both of these situations seems to pass after about 5 minutes. The light will only illuminate when you press harder on the brake until, eventually, it will will only light when you actually use the handbrake.
This seems to have started since the damp mornings over here in the UK. I'm thinking maybe it's a sensor which is drying off as I drive?
Any suggestions??
Thanks
Julian
fill up yer brake fluid. RTFM.
Ju wrote:

I should have added that the brake fluid level is fine! I did read the manual but it didn't seem to apply here as the light will go out and stay out once the car has warmed up. I can drive it hours later in the day with no problems. It only does this when its been standing overnight or left until it's got dark and damp.
Thanks for the advice anyway.

Just found this from where you posted from - http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/honda-car/7767/honda-accord-emergency-brake-light
Sounds suspiciously similar...

did you check to make sure the float assmebly is free to move properly?
Mark wrote:

Mark wrote:

http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/honda-car/7767/honda-accord-emergency-brake-light
This TSB for a CR-V is identical to TSB's for several models of HONDA.
Feel free to read through all TSB's:
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/crv/x03-078e.pdf
'Curly'